The sound of water is soothing to almost anyone. This weekend seek the water and enjoy the calming and rejuvenating effects. Here are ways to hear the gurgling of moving water, to enjoy cool water running over your feet, and to enjoy the weightlessness of full immersion. Enjoy one or two and schedule a more involved outing for the near future…
- Go to a stream or brook nearby. Wear water shoes, crocs or sandals and walk right up the middle – or the side where the water reaches to the middle of your calf if it's deep. If you get inspired to sit and let the water surround you… go for it!
- Go fishing!
- Sleep on a friend's boat. Someone you know may have a boat docked at a marina within an hour or two drive. If there is a little breeze or movement the sound of the water lapping on the side of the boat is what we're after.
- Buy a small water feature for inside your home. Fountains can be found at home stores like Bed Bath & Beyond or hardware stores like Home Depot & Lowe's.
- Install a medium or large water feature in your garden. This will be strenuous at first and give years of the most appealing background sounds. It will probably attract peeper frogs and other 'wildlife'. Be sure it's moving water or the mosquitoes will breed in the still water.
- Take a bath! Most tubs are rarely used – enjoy yours with some bubbles and lavender scent.
- Sit on a porch during a rain shower.
- Borrow or rent some inner tubes and float on a river, creek, lake, pond or in the waves.
What's your favorite way to enjoy the sound of water? Leave a comment to let us know!
R & R (rest & rejuvenation) are the intentions behind the Friday at 5:00 entries. Often these are inexpensive and low key because you recharging your batteries can be more easily achieved without running around and doing, doing, doing. Your productivity is rooted in your energy being high. Your energy being high is rooted in recreation!