Is your home office organized or tidy and your auto office a mess? Are they both a jumble of stuff? Well, this article is just about your auto office and making it work for you. Your auto office is the vehicle that you use to make your customer calls. Here's the test – if a client was to visit your auto office, would you be stuffing an old drive-thru bag with cups, lids, and wrappers? Would you be proud? Would you be making excuses? If the later is your auto office we have some guidelines for you.
Pick the tips that work for you and transform you auto office in half-an-hour.
- Grab a trash bag and dump all the used stuff – candy wrappers, donut boxes, coffee cups, post-its etc.
- Buy some small trash can liners and put one in the car and the box of the extras in the trunk. Use binder clips to hang the bag on the back of the passenger seat to have it in easy reach of you in the driver's seat. Replace regularly.
- Buy a plastic file box and stock it with hanging folders and your literature. The trunk is a good place to put this.
- Borrow some small cup-size containers from the kitchen, or buy them at a discount store, and put your loose change in that.
- Buy a visor clip for your sunglasses.
- Coral your sports equipment and extra stuff in a car net. This hangs off the back of the seats in an SUV and keeps balls, groceries, plants, and even small kids from rolling around.
Okay you road warriors – what's working for you?